Mexico Visa Requirements

Visa Requirements for Mexico

Visiting Mexico simply requires a valid Passport and completion of a simple tourist card (FMT…Forma Migracion Turista) which you will be provided by your airline prior to landing in Puerto Vallarta.  The FMT is valid for up to 180 days and is required to be surrendered to immigration authorities when you leave Mexico.

If you wish to stay longer than 180 days at a time, you will be required to apply for an FM3 (Forma Migracion Tres) that enables you to live and work in Mexico legally on a long-term basis.  A FM3 is required for those wishing to stay in Mexico for longer than 180 days, those looking to work or start a business in Mexico, or foreigners who desire to have a Mexico driver’s license.

Obtaining an FM3 is an easy process and you will need the following:
Your original passport plus a photocopy of all pages of your passport (needed only at the filing day), a valid FMT Tourist Card, three months of your most recent bank statements, proof of residency in the form of a Mexico address with one of the following; CFE utility bill, lease agreement, or bank trust document.  In addition, you will be required to provide five black and white photographs (4X4 cm), three facing forward and two with right profile (2.5 cm from chin to hairline).  All photos must contain a white background, with forehead and ears uncovered, and without earrings or eyeglasses. Instant photographs are not accepted.

* Note: requirements change from time to time. Every effort is made to ensure information is accurate and up to date, however we cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.

We will explain the process in more detail during the Royal Club Real Estate Event, or you can contact us for additional information.

Read our FAQ’s about Visiting, Visas, and Retiring in Mexico